Awards and Points Program
Meet: A Meet is a designation given to a show by the Belgian d’Uccle & Booted Bantam Club for the opportunity of club Members to participate for awards only available to the club members exhibiting. Any Club Members or hosting show can request a Meet. Meets can be placed by District Directors or the President.
Awards Given Per Meet type
- Special – Points Only
- State – Rosettes for Best of Breed and Reserve Breed (Belgian d’Uccle & Booted Bantam), and Points
- District – Rosettes for Best of Breed and Reserve Breed (Belgian d’Uccle & Booted Bantam), and Points
- National –Plaque and Rosettes for Best of Breed and Reserve Breed (Belgian d’Uccle & Booted Bantam), and Points
- As of January 1, 2017 all club member points will be reset to go to a new award system.
- There must be at least 2 exhibitors showing in a variety for any awards or variety points to be awarded. Both exhibitors do not need to be members but only BDBB Club will receive points.
- Points will be awarded and recorded by the BDBB club secretary.
- Meet reports must be completed and signed by a BDBB Club Member and sent to the BDBB club secretary for any points to be awarded. Show reports must be sent to the BDBB Club Secretary within 4 weeks of the show. If show reports are not received a meet will not be place at that show the following year.
- Best of Breed and Reserve of Breed points will be awarded to Belgian d’Uccles and Booted Bantams.
- Best of Variety and Reserve of Variety Points will be awarded for varieties recognized by the APA and/or ABA.
- Reserve of Breed and Reserve of Variety will receive 1 point less than is awarded to the Best of Breed/Variety.
- Highest total points at the end of the year will receive an award per variety along with an Exhibitor of the year plague for overall top total points.
- Junior will follow the same Points and Awards system as Open and recorded separately as long as the Open and Junior show are judged separately, otherwise juniors will receive open points.
Points will be awarded according to the table below:
All points and eligibility for awards are lost when Club Membership expires, but may be reinstated if renewal of membership is made within six months of expiration. The Club reserves the right to modify points and award structure as deemed beneficial. The club attitude is that it is The Club's privilege to place meets wherever and whenever possible and to make it as easy as possible for all to qualify for and participate in the awards program no matter how few or how many entries are on exhibit. The Show Administrators are doing us a favor by allowing us to have these meets at their shows and we do appreciate their efforts.