Awards and Points Program
Meet: A Meet is a Belgian d’Uccle and Booted Bantam Club sanctioned event at a APA &/or ABA sanctioned show for the opportunity of BDBB club Members to participate for awards only available to the club members exhibiting. Any Club Members or hosting show can request a Meet. Meets can be placed by District Directors or the President or State Representatives through the District Director. Any BDBB Club Member may fill out and submit a Meet Report accompanied by an exhibitors list. They can be submitted electronically or through the postal system.
Awards Given Per Meet type
- Special –Points only
- State – Rosettes for Best of Breed and Reserve Breed (Belgian d’Uccle & Booted Bantam), and Points
- District – Rosettes for Best of Breed and Reserve Breed (Belgian d’Uccle & Booted Bantam), and Points
- As of January 1, 2017, all club member points will be reset to go to a new award system.
- There must be at least 2 exhibitors showing in a variety/breed for any awards or points to be awarded. Exhibitors do not need to be BDBB Club Members but only BDBB Club will receive points and awards.
- Points will be awarded and recorded by the BDBB club secretary.
- Meet reports must be completed and signed by a BDBB Club Member, or host show official, and sent to the BDBB club secretary for any points to be awarded. Show reports must be sent to the BDBB Club Secretary within 4 weeks of the show. If show reports are not received the club reserves the right to deny a Meet at that show the following year.
- Best of Breed and Reserve of Breed points will be awarded to Belgian d’Uccles and Booted Bantams.
- Best of Variety and Reserve of Variety points will be awarded in varieties recognized by the APA and/or ABA using the table below.
- Reserve of Breed and Reserve of Variety will receive one (1) point less than is awarded to the Best of Breed/Variety.
- Points will be awarded to the Best of Breed and Reserve of Breed according to the Points table below.
- Highest total points at the end of the year will receive an award for Exhibitor of the Year and Reserve Exhibitor of the Year.
- Junior will follow the same Points and Awards system as Open and recorded separately if the Open and Junior show are judged separately, otherwise juniors will collect open points. This does not reflect the way the Juniors points are calculated at the end of the year.
Points will be awarded according to the table below:
All points and eligibility for awards are lost when Club Membership expires, but may be reinstated if renewal of membership is made within six months of expiration.
The Club reserves the right to modify points and award structure as deemed beneficial to the promotion of the breeds. The club attitude is that it is The Club's privilege to place Meets wherever and whenever possible and to make it as easy as possible for all to qualify for and participate in the awards program no matter how few or how many entries are on exhibit. The Show Administrators are doing us a favor by allowing us to have these Meets at their shows and we do appreciate their efforts.